Behnaz Ashtari graduated from Benjamin Cardozo Law School in New York City where she received a Dean’s Merit Scholarship for her LL.M.
Attorney Ashtari has been a lawyer since 2003. Before migrating to the United States, Behnaz earned an LL.M. (focusing on Criminal Law and Criminology) and an LL.B. at the Azad University Law School in Tehran, Iran. She practiced as a litigator in Iran for several years. In addition, Behnaz authored the award-winning book, Trafficking in Women: Contemporary Slavery. This was the first book on the subject published in the Persian language. She has written numerous articles dealing with women’s legal issues both in Persian and English.
Behnaz draws upon her personal experience as an immigrant in order to serve and connect with our immigration clientele as an Immigration and Nationality Law Attorney at Maduabum Law Firm. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association as well as the Iran Central Bar Association.
- New York, 2021
- Iran, 2003
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M in General Legal Studies
- Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Azad University School of Law, Tehran, Iran
- Master of Law (LL.M.) with a focus on Criminal Law and Criminology
- Major: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT POSITION
- Immigration Counsel