Christel Marie Lugo, a proven and practiced trial lawyer, obtained her Juris Doctorate from Temple University Beasley School of Law, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 2014. She earned a B.A. in English Literature and Spanish from Swarthmore College, located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, in 2010.
During law school, Ms. Lugo worked with Mazzoni Center Legal Services, a public interest pro- bono legal services organization that serves the low-income LGBT population in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. While there, the work she did centered on LGBT civil rights. She also interned with the Honorable Jack A. Panella of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, and with the Honorable. Rayford A. Means of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Due to her focus on public interest work during law school, she was inducted into the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society.
Following her time in law school, Ms. Lugo was awarded the Temple University Beasley School of Law’s Conwell Community Corps Legal Fellowship to continue her LGBT civil rights work with Mazzoni Center Legal Services.
Ms. Lugo has been working with the Maduabum Law Firm, LLC, since 2015, and represents clients in Municipal and Superior Courts throughout North New Jersey. She is a member of the New Jersey Bar Association and the New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association, as well as the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. She is also a member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
- Criminal Defense 60%
- Personal Injury 25%
- Family Law 10%
- Immigration 5%
- Temple University Beasley School of Law’s Conwell Community Corps Legal Fellowship
- Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society 2014-Present
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctorate – 2014
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 2010
- Major: English Literature and Spanish
- North Penn Legal Services, 2011 to 2012
- Barrett Marshall, Esq.
- Mazzoni Center Legal Services, Legal Fellow, 2015
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2020 to Present
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, Member, 2014 to Present
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT POSITION
- Senior Associate
- New Jersey, 2014
- Pennsylvania, 2014