Can a foreign national get a visa to visit the US?

Many residents of New Jersey and other people across the country have questions about the U.S. visa system. They might have a general understanding of some aspects of immigration law but not fully understand the different types of visas that are available for entry of a foreign national into the United States.

Business visitor visas

One type of visitor visa authorized by immigration law allows a foreign national to enter the United States for a business visit. This is known as a B-1 visa. A B-1 visa is used if a foreign national needs to enter the United States for a specific business purpose that will not require an extended stay in the country.

Pleasure, tourism and medical visas

Another type of visa is extended for pleasure, tourism and medical purposes. This is known as a B-2 visa. An individual desiring to enter the country for any other reason, including a student or worker, does not qualify for this type of visa.

US visa waiver program

The United States maintains a visa waiver program, and 38 foreign countries currently are included. Nationals from those countries have the ability to enter the United States for a period of 90 days or less for purposes permitted under a B-1 or B-2 visa.

A person with an issue surrounding immigration law, including a visa matter, is best served by seeking professional assistance from an experienced attorney. An immigration law attorney an assist in addressing different types of issues that might arise when an individual seeks a visa and is encounters some type of difficulty.

You may also like…

F1 Visa to Green Card

F1 Visa to Green Card

  The F1 visa to Green Card process is for international students who wish to pursue academic studies or language training programs in the United States. Its primary purpose is to enable students from around the globe to engage in full-time study at accredited...