How can you get a visa for your fiancé?

Do you need to get a visa to bring your fiancé to New Jersey? There are several ways that you can go about it, one of which is to secure a special non-immigrant visa. This is the type of visa that allows a foreign-born fiancé to come to the USA. It can then be utilized for the purpose of marrying.

Why does your fiancé need a K-1 visa?

Using a visa for the purpose of family immigration will be a lot easier when you understand the process. You need to be sure that you obtain the correct visa for the situation. If you wish to bring someone to the USA to get married, you need a K-1. This is the visa that allows a foreign citizen to come to the USA and get married within 90 days.

Once they have come to this country and gotten married, they can then apply for an adjustment of their status. The goal is typically to apply to become a permanent resident of the United States. They can do so by registering with the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

What is the process for getting a visa?

The steps to getting an officially approved K-1 visa are relatively brief and easy to follow. You will first have to sponsor your fiancé by filing Form I-129. This is the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) that must be filed at the USCIS office in your local area. If it is approved, it will go the National Visa Center.

You will be required to provide a number of forms of documentation. There will also be a series of fees that will need to be paid. Once the process is complete, your fiancé should receive their visa.

You may also like…

7 Personal Injury Claim Mistakes and How to Avoid Them

7 Personal Injury Claim Mistakes and How to Avoid Them

In 2020, approximately 190,783 car accidents occurred in New Jersey. Unfortunately, anyone who drives or rides in a car is at risk for a collision. A collision shakes up your life and can leave you with lifelong injuries. However, you have the legal right to request...

How to Choose a DUI Lawyer: Everything You Need to Know

How to Choose a DUI Lawyer: Everything You Need to Know

Charges for driving while impaired or under the influence can vary from a misdemeanor to a felony offense. Consequences often involve a driver's license revocation, jail time, or even fines of $10,000 or more. If you're facing charges or you're reading this for...